EnvIM programme - Option Asia
Tsinghua University : September - December
Students are welcome in the School of Environment, in Tsinghua University, Beijing one week before the first day of class, for administrative procedures and accommodations.
Modules are one or two weeks each, the pedagogy takes into account the latest scientific and technological advances in every field, on topical environmental issues of major importance, that need to be tackled for the future. Each theme is addressed from a scientific an technical, but also social, ethical, managerial and regulatory standpoint, and is illustrated by projects and case studies in China. Many field trips are organised around Beijing and in South China.
This double degree program leads a Post Master Degree from MINES ParisTech and INSA Lyon, and a Master’s Degree from the University of Tsinghua.
French or Chinese language and cultural courses offered
MINES ParisTech Program : January - April
This part of the program is mostly project oriented with lectures given by Professionals from Industrial Experts, or Professors and Lecturers, and real case studies.
- International Conventions, European Institutions, European Environmental Laws - Human Rights
- Environmental economics and strategic ressources
- The planet Earth and biodiversity, Climate Change, adaptation and resilience
- Energy Transition: future of oil & gas, coal, future demand of energy, renewable Energy and Environment
- Environmental Project Management, Financial Tools for project, and Financing environmental projects
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment for International projects
- Companies Environmental Strategies and Management, Sustainable Development tools, innovations and new business
- Environmental System Analysis: Life Cycle Analysis, Eco-Design, footprints
- Urban Sustainable Development and Environment
INSA Lyon Program : 2 weeks in February
Two weeks in Lyon, on waste management and recycling, Circular economy as an alternative to the traditional linear economy – which is make, use, and dispose – in order to recover and regenerate wastes as products and materials, at the end of each service life.
The EnvIM international project
During their stay in China and their first months in France, students work together on a project through France and China on an environmental topic, through an interdisciplinary approach based on innovation. This is a way to understand both the complexity of an environmental issue and its management in a different culture, as it enhances their vision of projects management and helps them better know this major player of the global economy.
This project is linked to Industrial needs. Students have to organize a Workshop in December in Beijing in Tsinghua, and an event in France at the end of January.
Examples of international projects and field trips:
EnvIM Asia Fieldtrips
2013 : The Dianchi Lake and waste water treatment plant Kunming, Yunnan – Chongqing Tsinghua Sino-French Water limited symposium – Suez Environment
2012 : The Three Gorges dam - The Dianchi Lake and waste water treatment plant Kunming, Yunnan
2011 : Renewable energies and Coal to Liquid plants in Ningxia Province